Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What is P.A.P.A.S.?

Tired of feeling helpless and useless as my dad is stuck for months and months in a hospital bed over 600 miles away, I decided to put my brainface to work doing the things I do best:  rambling and interneting.  (Okay, I know I'm better at doing other things too, but this isn't the blog where I wax on and on about how fabulous I am hahaha!)  I needed an outlet for my emotions, a network to more easily share information with scattered family and friends, and (maybe, just maybe) a means for generating some income to help tackle his growing pile of medical bills.

The name P.A.P.A.S. was inspired by my dad's dog who is named, um, Papas (Spanish for potatoes) and my feelings of anger towards his malfunctioning organ (BAD PANCREAS!  BAD!  STOP BEING SUCH A JERK!)  I wanted something catchy and funny, as well as something that was relevant to my dad and his interests; thus P.A.P.A.S. was formed!!!  It's been a long, bendy road so far and every day seems to bring us something new.  It's hard living away from my family, but the internet has been a great way to help keep us close.  Victor has friends and family spread out all over the place, and I've come to realize I don't know even half of them!  My hope is that this blog will be shared many many times, connecting and informing all those people who care about him and want to know how he's doing.  So please share this with everyone!  I will do my best to update frequently about his current conditions, needs, goofy musings and general mischief making.....

If you have any questions, comments, or wish to send Victor cards, letters, etc., please contact me at:  to.victor.with.love(at)gmail(dot)com.  He has been moved from one ICU to the next, to different facilities, and back again!  He is still not really able to use the phone or send texts easily, so contacting me will ensure you know where they're currently stashing him and that he will receive all the love you wish to send him!  The donation button located on this site will take you to an account I set up specifically for my dad.  Anything and everything donated through that button and every item sold on my Etsy site will go directly to him.  Period.  I am committed to seeing my dad through this and doing whatever it takes to get him back on his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment