Saturday, December 8, 2012

Who is Victor?



"Who is Victor?" you might ask..... well, let me give you the simple answer:  He is MAN!  He is MYTH!  He is..... MY FATHER!  He has been for the past 29 years and he will continue to be until all the world and its history no longer exists.  (But I'd like to think even THAT couldn't stop us!)  He is also now a proud grandfather (Pep-Pep!) thanks to my little sister squeezing out one awesome-ass baby earlier this year.  It's going to be hard to write about someone I admire so much without filling pages with glowing adjectives and exclamation marks, but I'll try to be as un-biased as possible..... maybe. ;-)

A devoted animal lover, my dad has dedicated countless hours to caring for all kinds of critters.  He's cared for shelter dogs and unwanted classroom pets.  He was a volunteer at the El Paso Zoo for a time and was working at the Great Dane Rescue of El Paso before he got sick.  This blog's name is actually inspired by his dog, Papas!  (We named him that when he was a puppy because he looked like a great big brown potato!)


My dad is also very artistic and musically inclined.  I've been surrounded by instruments and art supplies my entire life thanks to him!  When he wasn't working, you could often find him holed up in his jam room or hunched over his desk drawing or making jewelry from beads, wires, and whatever other strange things he could get his hands on.  His Etsy store, Oddworld was beginning to include a great collection of handmade earrings and necklaces until he stopped running it due to being stuck in the hospital for so long.  (Note:  I am in the process of re-listing his items in my own shop so his creations can escape to new homes!  I'll provide a link on here for anyone interested as soon as I finish setting things up.)


Victor is an active member of his church, Christ Our Redeemer where he has shared his time, love, and musical talents.  He has many friends here whom have been a great help through this difficult time for my family, as well as a fabulous fiancée, Kim, who is truly a blessing to my family.  Add his neighbors, co-workers, and numerous online friends to this mix and my heart overflows with gratitude that sooo many people love and care for my dad!  He really is amazing.  There is still so much I have left out on here, but to avoid being long-winded or potentially embarrassing him (he's too modest!) I will wrap up this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment